Search This Blog

Saturday 19 April 2014

Books and shoes quote card...

I'm still working my way through all the bargains I bought from my local garden centres closing down sale. I made two similar cards to to give to two friends who's birthdays are coming up soon. I used my promarkers on Els glitter on adhesive sheets technique to make the shoe and flower background behind the happy birthday sign.
Both cards have a blank oval that is pegged on, so it's easy to remove it to write my personal message on. I passed Karen Burniston's oval accordion die and card through the big shot machine once to cut the card out then again with a silicone sheet sandwich combination to emboss the stitching around the edges. The pink card is Tim Holtz core'dinations card and I was able to use an emery board it sand the stitching so it stands out more.
I got a new toy for my birthday, my lovely Hubby bought me a silhouette cameo. I was able to find a free clip art picture that when pasted into the silhouette cameo program cut out the black outlines of the books. I was then able to use Els glitter and adhesive sheets technique to make some sparkly books.

The Katherine Hepburn quote stamp by crafters companions perfectly compliments Elizabeth craft designs shoes peel offs.


Links to some of the products I used...


1 comment:

  1. You are sure having fun with your Cameo - that's wonderful! Another great birthday card, too.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete