Search This Blog

Monday 14 October 2013

Pop 'n' cut label 'Bob' the kite card...

I was really excited about doing Karen Burniston's latest design challenge which was to create something that appeared to defy gravity. I had the perfect card in mind for my daughter who was just about to became 12 years old.

On our hiking holiday last year we bought this lovely little diamond shaped kite with a face on it. My daughter decided it needed a name and christened him 'Bob'. He now is a regular on our hikes were we try to take a photo of him bobbing along behind us every chance we get.

I used Karens pop 'n' cut label die in my A2 horizontal card die for the inside of the card, but instead of using the A2 die for the outside I used the tri-fold ornate card die. The oval and wavy label were the perfect accessory for the front of my card to hide the join on my tree trunk.

 

The girl is a stamp from the gorjuss collection, on the stamp she is holding an umbrella but with a bit of fiddling and a lot of washi tape to conceal it I was able to adapt it to look like she is holding the kite string. I coloured her using my daughters favourite colours with my letraset pro markers.

 

As I wanted to make the card into a scene I elongated the trunk of my Karen Burniston 3D pop up trees placed a trunk at either side of the front piece of card. I love that I was able to use Karens new labels and stitched framelits as well as the framelits that match the pop 'n' cut label die.

 

Karens flagpole decorative strip die is one of my favourite dies and I use it quite often but not with the lovely street lamp that is also on it.The kite was a Sizzix sizzlits die on to which I added eyes, nose and a mouth. The spotty border along the bottom finishes my card off wonderfully:)

 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of the accessory dies for your beautiful kite birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I adore this card! So many fun things to look at and how perfectly everything looks in both the closed position and open. I also love how the Stitched Framelits look on the original Label insert, which I have never thought to try. Awesome! Thanks for playing along with this month's DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Soooooo Fun Donna!! Love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Smokes - this is A M A Z I N G! So many sweet details - love it!
    Cheers,
    Karen Aicken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly Beautiful card!!! So many special details, the girl stamp is perfect! This is a card that will be cherished for many years. I found you through Karen's post on the sizzix blog today.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete